Wednesday 6 March 2013

First day as a window dresser at my local charity shop.


So today was my first day volunteering as a window dresser at my local charity shop. The charity, Mind, is set up to raise money for those struggling with mental health.



I decided to create a window display based on Mother's Day as its only a few days away. The first window was based on the colour pink, whilst the second window concentrated on shades of purples. I used purple hard back books placed on top of each other to display crockery on top. This is an effective way to display items at different heights as items often compete for space when placed on one level.

It's a great feeling seeing the items in the window sell as soon as you've put them up! That's the art of visual merchandising.

No comments:

Post a Comment