Wednesday 6 March 2013

Thrifting!


I’m Celyn. 23 year old fashion graduate from Cardiff. I’m a self confessed charity shop-aholic! I am currently volunteering at my local charity shop as a window dresser. My aim is to transform the cluttered, mis-matched windows into an eye-catching, on trend display to hopefully encourage younger people to shop at charity shops. Why do you rarely see young people shopping at charity shops? A lot of it’s to do with the way young people perceive charity shops and the negative connotations they have that charity shops are smelly, tacky and aimed at old people. Of course, I can’t argue with the fact that charity shops can sometimes smell a bit… dusty? (putting it politely) but I believe I can change the way young people look at charity shops by simply changing the window display to appeal to a wider audience and  potentially maximize sales.
Cels x

No comments:

Post a Comment